Monday, June 28, 2010

Parkdale Market - Green Salad with Buttermilk Dressing



My Roots and Shoots CSA delivery begins this week. I just can't wait! I have never done this kind of thing before and I am pretty primed by the whole mystery of what foods my share might contain, what new recipes I might try, and possibly even what new foods I might taste. Roots and Shoots is a small-scale, organic vegetable farm and a new CSA farm in the area. It is located on the Bakker Farm near Manotick Station. I am so craving fresh. I am so craving naturally grown. I am so craving seasonal.

Roots and Shoots also sells out of the Ottawa Farmers' Market at Lansdowne Park. But the Market is not open on Mondays. With a few days of waiting to go, I decided to go to the Parkdale Market this rainy, drizzly morning to feed my fix for fresh, naturally grown, seasonal produce. I picked up a bag of salad greens from Rochon Farms. Less than 48 hours until my Roots and Shoots CSA foods arrive in Westboro. It is like waiting for Christmas to arrive.



GREEN SALAD

mixed greens
red onion
cucumber
heirloom tomatoes
red peppers

BUTTERMILK DRESSING

buttermilk
mayonnaise
dry mustard
salt
pepper
fresh dill

1 comment:

  1. Love the mixed greens from Rochon Farms. Those bags were my first taste of freshly grown baby greens after winter. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...