Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Get Well Soup



Today I found out a special someone was feeling 'not so great' over the Thanksgiving weekend. I felt compelled to heal with food. I knew I couldn't pull chicken noodle soup out of a hat on short notice, but I could do something similar.

Get Well Soup

6 cups homemade turkey stock
2 cups homemade tomato juice
1/2 field tomato, cubed
1 large carrot, diced
1/4 cup diced celery
1 onion, diced
herbs
salt
Capellini noodles, broken into matchstick lengths

Combine all the ingredients into a saucepan and simmer until the vegetables are soft and the noodles are cooked.

* I was happy to be able to use carrots, celery and onions from Roots and Shoots Farm.

Then, piping hot, into a mason jar and 'Special Delivery'!



Not feeling that great myself today, there was enough left over that I too could enjoy Get Well Soup for dinner.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...