Thursday, May 23, 2013

Lunching: Bagel with Cream Cheese, Tomatoes and Cucumber


As the heat and humidity of summer pushes in, I like a more refreshing bite for lunch.  Cucumbers own 'refreshing' in spades.

If I am going to make a sandwich, I prefer it open-faced.  Not just for the pretty but to also manage those carb calories. I think the look adds a bit of class too.

Today's lunch was a simple one.
  • Half of an Ottawa Bagelshop and Deli sesame bagel, toasted if preferred.  I keep them pre-cut in the freezer.  
  • A light smear of cream cheese, instead of butter.  
  • Cucumber slices. I don't like the full rind, so I peel it away in haphazard strips to create a variegated look.  
  • Sweet Cocktail tomato slices - Product of Canada!  
  • Salt and pepper for seasoning.  
  • Finishing with the ubiquitous sprinkle of chives.


Cucumbers are one of my heat busters. What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...