Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Roots and Shoots Farm - 6th Week of CSA Food 2013


Week 6 pick-up just passed and I received my 3rd CSA basket for the season.  You won't have trouble agreeing with me that this is Roots and Shoots Farm's best basket yet.  It wins on colour alone!


BASKET CONTAINED:
5 peppers
5 zucchinis
2 cucumbers
pint of tomatoes
head of lettuce
garlic
Swiss chard
basil
bunch of onions
carrots
eggplants

GONE ALREADY:
basil and garlic - you guessed it. I made pesto.
carrots - ate them raw as snacks
lettuce - in three different salads
tomatoes - in salads
garlic and one cucumber - tzatziki

PLANS BEING CONSIDERED:
Zucchini, peppers and some of the onions are going into Mediterranean Zucchini Salad in Pita Pockets.

Swiss chard is undecided but a friend of mine tried this recipe.

Eggplant is headed to baba ghanoush. I have my eye on this recipe. It will be hard to let him go.  He's so good-looking.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! This looks great. I'm in Ottawa so I will consider this for next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel: If you are interested in this farm specifically, here is where you can sign up so that you get notification about getting on board for the 2014 season. Good luck. http://www.rootsandshootsfarm.com/csa/info/

      Delete
  2. Check out my sister's new Facebook page. I'm sure she'd love to hear about what's in your CSA box!
    https://www.facebook.com/WhatsInYourCsaBoxThisWeek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a neat idea! Do you know what prompted her to start this page? Looks like quite the variety of baskets from all over. Are you doing CSA, Ronna?

      Delete
  3. Really beautiful photography. I am envious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment, Ron. Just shout if you want to play with food and cameras some time. I'm game.

      Delete
  4. Really beautfil pictures here and it seems those are organic food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You are right, Roots and Shoots Farm is certified organic and has been for a few years. They are in their 4th year of farming.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...